Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Looking to add color code alert

I have a spreadsheet that has a list of 200 customers, I would like to use
the end date of the customers renewal section then subtract it from the
current date and if that is less than 130 days I want the cell that has the
customers name in it to turn yellow. Can this be done and how?
--
Thanks in advance

Neall
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try using the conditional format. Goto <format, then <conditional
formatting.

"cell value is", drop down to "less than", enter 130, goto <format pick
your pattern

"Neall" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that has a list of 200 customers, I would like to use
the end date of the customers renewal section then subtract it from the
current date and if that is less than 130 days I want the cell that has the
customers name in it to turn yellow. Can this be done and how?
--
Thanks in advance

Neall

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It looks like it might work however if Cell 1A is the customers name and Cell
1D is the date (07/07/2007) how do I subtract 130 (days) from the date type
in 1D and make 1A change color

Thanks in advance
--
Neall

"Neall" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that has a list of 200 customers, I would like to use
the end date of the customers renewal section then subtract it from the
current date and if that is less than 130 days I want the cell that has the
customers name in it to turn yellow. Can this be done and how?
--
Thanks in advance

Neall

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

try this-

highlight the customer name, goto back to conditional formatting, drop down
to "formula is" (instead of "cell value is") use
=if(1D130,true,false)

it should work