Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default transfer date to number

Hi All,

if i get an exceldate, say Fri 01 Jun 07, how can i transform it into
a number like 20070601?

I know the DAY(), MONTH() and YEAR()functions, and also the
CONCATENATE().
However, if I combine these, i get 200761

Many Thx in Advance!

AP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JzP JzP is offline

On Jun 19, 8:50 am, artisdepartis wrote:
Hi All,

if i get an exceldate, say Fri 01 Jun 07, how can i transform it into
a number like 20070601?

I know the DAY(), MONTH() and YEAR()functions, and also the
CONCATENATE().
However, if I combine these, i get 200761

Many Thx in Advance!

AP

Hi there,
Try
=TEXT(A1,"YYYYMMDD")

where your date is in cell A1.

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Try
=TEXT(A1,"YYYYMMDD")

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"artisdepartis" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi All,

if i get an exceldate, say Fri 01 Jun 07, how can i transform it into
a number like 20070601?

I know the DAY(), MONTH() and YEAR()functions, and also the
CONCATENATE().
However, if I combine these, i get 200761

Many Thx in Advance!

AP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ofc... Sometimes it can be so simple ;-)

Also to you: TY!

On Jun 19, 10:17 am, "Roger Govier"
wrote:
Hi

Try
=TEXT(A1,"YYYYMMDD")

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"artisdepartis" wrote in message

ups.com...

Hi All,

if i get an exceldate, say Fri 01 Jun 07, how can i transform it into
a number like 20070601?

I know the DAY(), MONTH() and YEAR()functions, and also the
CONCATENATE().
However, if I combine these, i get 200761

Many Thx in Advance!

AP- Hide quoted text -