Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I add " to the right of a number when formatting?

I am trying to format a column of numbers example.
0.152
0.025
I have figured out how to remove the first zero now I need to add a single
quotation mark the symbol for inches. I do not know how on the custom
formatting I just get an error.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What does your format look like that removes the leading 0?

This custom format will add the " but does not remove the leading 0:

General"''";-General"''"

Note that the quotes are a double quote then 2 single quotes then another
double quote.

" ' ' "

Biff

"KSstudent" wrote in message
I am trying to format a column of numbers example.
0.152
0.025
I have figured out how to remove the first zero now I need to add a single
quotation mark the symbol for inches. I do not know how on the custom
formatting I just get an error.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Format Custom as .000"'" (Quote, single quote, quote)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"KSstudent" wrote in message ...
|I am trying to format a column of numbers example.
| 0.152
| 0.025
| I have figured out how to remove the first zero now I need to add a single
| quotation mark the symbol for inches. I do not know how on the custom
| formatting I just get an error.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you: I was putting double quote double quote double quote now I see
the error.