Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default SumByColorFont question

I have inherited a spreadsheet that has the following formula:
=SUM(B6:O6)-SumByColorFont(B6:O6,$U$4)

The person who created this is not accessible and I can not find anything in
help regarding the SumByColorFont portion of this formula. Does anyone know
what this is suppose to do?

--
Thank you,
"Ladysearcher" looking for knowledge
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

SumByColorFont(B6:O6,$U$4) is almost certainly a call to a user defined
function and the name suggests what it might do.

Hit ALT+F11 and have a look through the modules and it is likely you will
find one by that name. If you cant work out what it does then post the code.

Mike

"Ladysearcher" wrote:

I have inherited a spreadsheet that has the following formula:
=SUM(B6:O6)-SumByColorFont(B6:O6,$U$4)

The person who created this is not accessible and I can not find anything in
help regarding the SumByColorFont portion of this formula. Does anyone know
what this is suppose to do?

--
Thank you,
"Ladysearcher" looking for knowledge

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you.

I figured out what it is suppose to be doing, but I can't find the user
defined formula. When I do the Alt - F11, the only items displayed are mine.
Is it hidden somehow? If so, how do I unhide it? When I click on Window,
unhide, the only thing listed is my PERSONAL.