Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Look up of cells

Hello, I am trying to do a look up, to look at a cell I have entered a row
number in from a previous sheet. That row number relates to a certain entry
of about 4 columns. I would like to have 4 cells do the look up to relate to
a particular entry for the row I have entered in the cell above. I hope this
makes sense.

In other words I have entered a company, contact etc in one sheet. I
another sheet I have a form which I would like to have the details from say
row 10 entered into. In another cell e.g. A9 I would like to enter row 10
into, which will then populate my form.

Is there any way this can be done, really appreciate any help!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

What you should use in INDIRECT

Suppose the data is in the range A1:D100 on Sheet1 and you want to enter the
row number in cell A1 of Sheet2 and have A2:D2 of Sheet2 show the appropriate
results, then:

In cell A2 of Sheet2 enter the formula:

=INDIRECT("Sheet1!A" &$A$1 & ":D" & $A$1)

then copy the formula to the right to column D.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire