Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional row format

Ok, so I'm not sure if this is even possible. But it seems every time
I think that may be the case, another skilled Excel user on this forum
proves me wrong.

I'm trying to conditionally format a row.

Assume:

Row 1 contains data (some columns consisting of a 0 value or for
accounting it has the $ - to represent the 0 value)
Row 2 contains data

However,

Row 3 contains NO data

But then,
Row 4 contains data

I can get the row to conditionally format due to the value of one cell
(I basically condition it to do a no color and no border lines to make
for clean presentation). However, if you conditionally format the row,
the cells at 0 values, also follow that conditional format. While I'm
glad they the conditional format are working, I don't want the 0
values to follow it. Only the blank values.

I think my ultimate goal is to get the effect that Rows 1 and 2 are
grouped together as one group, skip a row and Row 4 begins a group and
so on.

Another thing I noticed with the conditional format is that it limits
you on the strength of the borders. It maximumally allows you to use
the default thin lines, when I may want a thicker line. Is there a way
around that?

Let me know guys.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Setting the borders in the way you want is easy enough, but there is not
a method of selecting a border weight.

Trying to apply a Weight of xlThick via a macro after the event doesn't
work, because the Conditional formatting takes precedence.

Perhaps you could use a different colour for the border to make it stand
out.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Roger,

Good idea on the different border color. I didn't think about that.
But it does help stand out more.

Hi

Setting the borders in the way you want is easy enough, but there is not
a method of selecting a border weight.

Trying to apply a Weight of xlThick via a macro after the event doesn't
work, because the Conditional formatting takes precedence.

Perhaps you could use a different colour for the border to make it stand
out.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

[...]