Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] sephiroths816@gmail.com is offline

Default Conditional row format

Go figure, I just figured it out just now. However, my question still
begs to ask about the thicker border lines

Ok, so I'm not sure if this is even possible. But it seems every time
I think that may be the case, another skilled Excel user on this forum
proves me wrong.

I'm trying to conditionally format a row.

Assume:

Row 1 contains data (some columns consisting of a 0 value or for
accounting it has the $ - to represent the 0 value)
Row 2 contains data

However,

Row 3 contains NO data

But then,
Row 4 contains data

I can get the row to conditionally format due to the value of one cell
(I basically condition it to do a no color and no border lines to make
for clean presentation). However, if you conditionally format the row,
the cells at 0 values, also follow that conditional format. While I'm
glad they the conditional format are working, I don't want the 0
values to follow it. Only the blank values.

I think my ultimate goal is to get the effect that Rows 1 and 2 are
grouped together as one group, skip a row and Row 4 begins a group and
so on.

Another thing I noticed with the conditional format is that it limits
you on the strength of the borders. It maximumally allows you to use
the default thin lines, when I may want a thicker line. Is there a way
around that?

Let me know guys.