Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Flow sequence

Dear experts,

I got an external table showing the flows of parcels. For example, column A
is for source locations and colum B is for destination locations.

Parcel 123 (for example)

From Shop To Shop

A1 B7
..
..
..
..
B7 C10
..
..
C10 D9

If there are more than 100 rows of source locations and I want to see the
flow of a parcel at one glance, such as:

Shop A1 -- Shop B7 -- Shop C10 -- Shop D9.

Is there a way to do it? Please kindly advise.

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

You could use extra columns
In C2 enter
=IF(B2="","",IF(ISNA((VLOOKUP(B2,$A:$B,2,0)),"",VL OOKUP(B2,$A:$B,2,0)))
copy across to D2 (and E2??)
Copy all formulae down columns as far as required
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Freshman" wrote in message
Dear experts,

I got an external table showing the flows of parcels. For example,
column A
is for source locations and colum B is for destination locations.

Parcel 123 (for example)

From Shop To Shop

A1 B7
.
.
.
.
B7 C10
.
.
C10 D9

If there are more than 100 rows of source locations and I want to see
the
flow of a parcel at one glance, such as:

Shop A1 -- Shop B7 -- Shop C10 -- Shop D9.

Is there a way to do it? Please kindly advise.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Roger,

Thanks for your time and solution. It works but if the flow sequence is
long, how can I know which row is the 1st source location?

Please advise and thanks in advance.

Freshman

"Freshman" wrote in message
Dear experts,

I got an external table showing the flows of parcels. For example,
column A
is for source locations and colum B is for destination locations.

Parcel 123 (for example)

From Shop To Shop

A1 B7
.