Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BKO BKO is offline

Default Sheet order & speed

I found some information about calcultion speed at
http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecrets.htm

I says that calculation time is inherent to the sheet order,
But I don't know in what order to place the sheets.

sheet IMPORT with RAW data, (10.000x20)
import from CSV file
changed only after changes in project
sheet IMP.DATA with extracted data form IMPORT (5000x10)
uses index/match to extract data from IMPORT (dynamic range)
neded once after import data
sheet STD.DATA with default information, (500x20)
predefine information for comparison & dynamic data validation ranges

sheet INPUT with manual added data (5000x10)
1 reference cel from IMP.DATA + added information by data validation
from STD.DATA
sheet REPORT with data (7000x30)
information collected from INPUT, IMP.DATA & STD.DATA
with INDEX/MATCH combined with INDIRECT

I shifted the sheets in different orders but it didn't make a lot of
difference

After each input sheets are calculated wich takes about 15 sec.

Pleace can any one help me to speed things up

Thanks a lot in advance

Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It's difficult to advise on improving performance without actually having
your workbook but large volumes of formulae (INDEX/MATCH/INDIRECT) will have
a measurable effect on performance.

You could change calculation to manual and recalulate at end of input (if
this is a viable option).