Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default linking cell to Pivot Table data

I create a Pivot Table every month on one network drive and I link various
cells of the Pivot table into another worksheet on a different network drive.
I've been doing this for several years and this month my formulas are not
working properly.

In the worksheet where I want to add the link, I hit the + sign and then
click on the source worksheet Pivot Table cell that I want to link to.
However, instead of showing the formula as (i.e.)
=+'A:\foldername\[filename]tabname'!cell#, I am getting a formula that begins
=+GETPIVOTDATA. This doesn't work for me because I need the formula to
always bring the correct information when the worksheet is opened--the
GETPIVOTDATA formula displays a #REF once the source file is closed.

What caused this change in formula--and more importantly--how do I get my
old formula back?
--
Thanks so much!