Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Steph Steph is offline

Default linking cell to Pivot Table data

Thanks Roger. This worked perfectly. I just got a new machine at work which
may have contributed to the problem. But I don't remember having the
GETPIVOTDATA button on the toolbar before. No matter, it's fixed and I have
you to thank for it!!
--
Thanks so much!

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

Debra Dalgleish has instructions on her site about how to switch on or
off the GetPivotData function

Regards

Roger Govier

"steph" wrote in message
I create a Pivot Table every month on one network drive and I link
various
cells of the Pivot table into another worksheet on a different network
drive.
I've been doing this for several years and this month my formulas are
not
working properly.

In the worksheet where I want to add the link, I hit the + sign and
then
click on the source worksheet Pivot Table cell that I want to link to.
However, instead of showing the formula as (i.e.)
=+'A:\foldername\[filename]tabname'!cell#, I am getting a formula that
begins
=+GETPIVOTDATA. This doesn't work for me because I need the formula
always bring the correct information when the worksheet is opened--the
GETPIVOTDATA formula displays a #REF once the source file is closed.

What caused this change in formula--and more importantly--how do I get
my
old formula back?
--
Thanks so much!