Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel columns do they exceed IV?

Hi there, I am arranging some data on excel for my college course and for
some reason I cannot go further than 'IV' on the columns at the top, is this
just the way Excel 2000 is or this there something I can do to amend this?
Thanks for reading my question and I look forward to your answers.
Many thanks,

James
'Disgruntled Student'
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi James

Versions of XL from 97 up to 2003 all have a maximum of 256 columns,
which makes the last column IV.
XL 2007 has a limit of 16384 columns, and the last column is XFD

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"James Dalton" <James wrote in message
Hi there, I am arranging some data on excel for my college course and
for
some reason I cannot go further than 'IV' on the columns at the top,
is this
just the way Excel 2000 is or this there something I can do to amend
this?
Thanks for reading my question and I look forward to your answers.
Many thanks,

James
'Disgruntled Student'

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

James, I meant to add before (hitting the send button), what is it you
are trying to achieve?
If you give a description, maybe someone will be able to suggest
alternative ways of achieving your result.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"James Dalton" <James wrote in message
Hi there, I am arranging some data on excel for my college course and
for
some reason I cannot go further than 'IV' on the columns at the top,
is this
just the way Excel 2000 is or this there something I can do to amend
this?
Thanks for reading my question and I look forward to your answers.
Many thanks,

James
'Disgruntled Student'

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

To go along with Roger's 2nd post - knowing how you're trying to get
information into the worksheet(s) would be helpful, and knowing your goal.

If you are importing from an ASCII text file that could be considered as a
..csv type (fields separated by comma, semi-colon, pipe or tab) then this
Excel file might help you - it enables you to import such files that have
more than 256 columns into pre-2007 versions of Excel (still limited to that
version's sheet row limit).
http://www.jlathamsite.com/uploads/I...umnsOfData.xls

"James Dalton" wrote:

Hi there, I am arranging some data on excel for my college course and for
some reason I cannot go further than 'IV' on the columns at the top, is this
just the way Excel 2000 is or this there something I can do to amend this?
Thanks for reading my question and I look forward to your answers.
Many thanks,

James
'Disgruntled Student'

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi there Roger,
Thanks for your speedy reply (and all others that have also helped).
Basically I am doing a construction programme of a hotel. My home PC does
not have MS Projects so I thought I could use Excel, so I guess the easiest
thing for me to do would be to just expand onto another worksheet.
Thanks again to all that have replied.

James.