Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sum all integers of a given number

Hi,
Is there an easy way to arrange a formula that will Sum all integers
of a given number?

such that when applied on colum A, the result will be B:

21 3
77 14
12345 15
1 1
321 6

thanks for you help,
pchr

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

With
A1: (a number)

This formula sums each digit in that number
B1: =SUMPRODUCT(--MID(A1,ROW($A$1:INDEX($A:$A,LEN(A1),1)),1))

Example:
A1: 123
B1 returns 6

Does that help?
------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"pchr" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,
Is there an easy way to arrange a formula that will Sum all integers
of a given number?

such that when applied on colum A, the result will be B:

21 3
77 14
12345 15
1 1
321 6

thanks for you help,
pchr

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for you help,
I'm currently using open office "calc" which has the same excel
functions and I can't get it to work overthere

"pchr" wrote in message

ups.com...

Hi,
Is there an easy way to arrange a formula that will Sum all integers
of a given number?

such that when applied on colum A, the result will be B:

21 3
77 14
12345 15
1 1
321 6

thanks for you help,
pchr- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Regarding:
I'm currently using open office "calc" which has the same excel
functions and I can't get it to work overthere

Evidently, not exactly the same, though, right?

If Open Office has a forum, that would be the place to ask the question.

I hope that helps.
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP