Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BKO BKO is offline

Default Different validation list based on cellvalue on the left

Hello, I have a list with values,
I want to create validation list for each cell [b] depending on value in cel
[A]
[A] [b] [D] [E] [F]
[G]
[1] DI16 select from [D1]:[F1] DIa DIb DIc
[2] DO16 select from [D2]:[F2] DOa DOb DOc
[3] DI4 select from [D3]:[E3] DIa DIb
[4] AI1 select from [D4]:[G4] AIa AIb AIc AId

The values in [D] through [G] are calculated

Can some one help me with this, Cause I'm getting stuck

THanks a lot in advance

Those who understand binary and those who don''t.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See Debra Dalgleish's coverage of Dependent Lists at her website:

Does that help?
----------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"BKO" wrote in message
Hello, I have a list with values,
I want to create validation list for each cell [b] depending on value in
cel
[A]
[A] [b] [D] [E]
[F]
[G]
[1] DI16 select from [D1]:[F1] DIa DIb DIc
[2] DO16 select from [D2]:[F2] DOa DOb DOc
[3] DI4 select from [D3]:[E3] DIa DIb
[4] AI1 select from [D4]:[G4] AIa AIb AIc AId

The values in [D] through [G] are calculated

Can some one help me with this, Cause I'm getting stuck

THanks a lot in advance

Those who understand binary and those who don''t.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select cell B1
Choose DataValidation
From the Allow dropdown, choose List
In the Source box, type:

=OFFSET($D1,0,0,1,COUNTA($D1:$G1)-COUNTBLANK($D1:$G1))

Copy cell B1 down to the last row of data

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures