-   -   Different validation list based on cellvalue on the left (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/145803-different-validation-list-based-cellvalue-left.html)

BKO

Different validation list based on cellvalue on the left

Hello, I have a list with values,
I want to create validation list for each cell [b] depending on value in cel
[A]
[A] [b] [D] [E] [F]
[G]
[1] DI16 select from [D1]:[F1] DIa DIb DIc
[2] DO16 select from [D2]:[F2] DOa DOb DOc
[3] DI4 select from [D3]:[E3] DIa DIb
[4] AI1 select from [D4]:[G4] AIa AIb AIc AId

The values in [D] through [G] are calculated

Can some one help me with this, Cause I'm getting stuck

THanks a lot in advance

Those who understand binary and those who don''t.

Ron Coderre

Different validation list based on cellvalue on the left

See Debra Dalgleish's coverage of Dependent Lists at her website:

Does that help?
----------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"BKO" wrote in message
Hello, I have a list with values,
I want to create validation list for each cell [b] depending on value in
cel
[A]
[A] [b] [D] [E]
[F]
[G]
[1] DI16 select from [D1]:[F1] DIa DIb DIc
[2] DO16 select from [D2]:[F2] DOa DOb DOc
[3] DI4 select from [D3]:[E3] DIa DIb
[4] AI1 select from [D4]:[G4] AIa AIb AIc AId

The values in [D] through [G] are calculated

Can some one help me with this, Cause I'm getting stuck

THanks a lot in advance

Those who understand binary and those who don''t.

Debra Dalgleish

Different validation list based on cellvalue on the left

Select cell B1
Choose DataValidation
From the Allow dropdown, choose List
In the Source box, type:

=OFFSET($D1,0,0,1,COUNTA($D1:$G1)-COUNTBLANK($D1:$G1))

Copy cell B1 down to the last row of data

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures