Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Function for all Characters after the :

I need a formuls that will take all of the Characters after a colon in
a cell.
I Have:
B3 = LastName : Jones
B4 = LastName : Anderson
I need:
R3 = Jones
R4 = Anderson

Thanks in advance for the help.
Mike3108

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=MID(B3,FIND(":",B3)+2,255)

Copied down as needed.

It appears that your second example has a double space after the ":". If the
number of spaces is variable try this version:

=TRIM(MID(B3,FIND(":",B3)+1,255))

Biff

wrote in message
oups.com...
I need a formuls that will take all of the Characters after a colon in
a cell.
I Have:
B3 = LastName : Jones
B4 = LastName : Anderson
I need:
R3 = Jones
R4 = Anderson

Thanks in advance for the help.
Mike3108

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jun 7, 7:51 pm, wrote:
I need a formuls that will take all of the Characters after a colon in
a cell.
I Have:
B3 = LastName : Jones
B4 = LastName : Anderson
I need:
R3 = Jones
R4 = Anderson

Thanks in advance for the help.
Mike3108

Thank you to Dave Peterson and T. Valko.
I tried all 3 equations and they all seem to work GREAT.
Thanks Again.