Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Relation betwn 2 sets of data, user to input one, sheet returns ot

I have a graph which draws a line Rotations vs Time.
I want to make a cell where I can enter any amount of rotations and then
return the time in to another cell. Problem is it's not an easy relationship
between rotation and time.
Data:
Revs Time
5 20
10 40
15 55
20 70
25 85

If somone inputs 12 revs, the result should be 45

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Revs in A2:A6
Time in B2:B6

=ROUNDUP(TREND(B2:B6,A2:A6,12),0)

"AndyB" wrote:

I have a graph which draws a line Rotations vs Time.
I want to make a cell where I can enter any amount of rotations and then
return the time in to another cell. Problem is it's not an easy relationship
between rotation and time.
Data:
Revs Time
5 20
10 40
15 55
20 70
25 85

If somone inputs 12 revs, the result should be 45

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Relation betwn 2 sets of data, user to input one, sheet return

I have a picture of a graph so I can see that
8 = 35
12 = 45
18 = 65

But I want to be able to input anything from 5 to 30 and get the figure to
appear in another cell.

On Jun 7, 5:02 pm, AndyB wrote:
I have a graph which draws a line Rotations vs Time.
I want to make a cell where I can enter any amount of rotations and then
return the time in to another cell. Problem is it's not an easy relationship
between rotation and time.
Data:
Revs Time
5 20
10 40
15 55
20 70
25 85

If somone inputs 12 revs, the result should be 45

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorted,
Did some digging around here, came up with x = (y-intercept)/slope
This seems to be working.
Thanks all.

"AndyB" wrote:

I have a graph which draws a line Rotations vs Time.
I want to make a cell where I can enter any amount of rotations and then
return the time in to another cell. Problem is it's not an easy relationship
between rotation and time.
Data: