Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional Formatting - Date Refresh

I have a spreadsheet that counts down a date until I need to send out a
notification. If I leave the spreadsheet open overnight the date does not
update when expected (12:01am). It will update if I close and then reopen
the spreadsheet or if I wait until later on in the day.

When using conditional formatting what is used for the point at which the
date will update (it is not working off of the system time of 12:01am)?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What do you mean by "the sheet doing a calculation"? Does that mean the time
I created the spreadsheet is the time that the dates will update?

Thanks for your help!

Kara Peterson

"Kara" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that counts down a date until I need to send out a
notification. If I leave the spreadsheet open overnight the date does not
update when expected (12:01am). It will update if I close and then reopen
the spreadsheet or if I wait until later on in the day.

When using conditional formatting what is used for the point at which the
date will update (it is not working off of the system time of 12:01am)?

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

No it means that you have to calculate the sheet or the workbook, that
happens when you open or close the workbook if you have volatile function
like
TODAY(), not when the computer clock changes.
So you have to physically press the key F9, all spreadsheets would run amok
if they were calculated every second/minute/hour based on the computer clock

Peo Sjoblom