Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help with Hlookup/Vlookup and Lookup. From multipul sheets

there are a total of 2 sheets that I am working with. I would like to lookup
a value on sheet 1 and corespond with anothee value on sheet 2 and then take
the value parallel to that in sheet 2 and input that value in sheet 1.

then I would like to frag down the function so I do not have to type it a
miilion times.
pls help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In Sheet1!B1:
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!$A$1:$F$10,3,0)

This function will bring into Sheet1 the value found by looking up A1
in Sheet2, where the table occupies cells A1:F10. The number 3 in the
3rd argument means that you want to extract the values found in the
3rd column of that table (C:C in this case). The 0 (or FALSE) means
you want an exact match.

HTH
Kostis Vezerides