Old October 27th 04, 05:03 PM
Doug

Default lookup combine vlookup with hlookup

I want to search in a table for a specific value. I have a table with item
numbers in column A going down rows 10:200 and the customers names going
across the columns B:K ...

I have a list of sales transactions in anouther worksheet with the quantity
.... I want to lookup the price for an item for a specific customer. So I need
a vlookup to find the row with the appropriate item number (I can do that)
and I need a hlookup to find the correct customer (I can do that) ... the
problem is that I can not seem to do both in one formula. Can anyone help?

Old October 27th 04, 05:10 PM
JulieD

Hi Doug

use a combination of INDEX and MATCH instead

=INDEX(A10:K200,MATCH(A1,A10:A200,0),MATCH(B1,A10: K10,0))

where A1 contains the item number that you're looking for
and B1 contains the name of the customer you're interested in

Hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD