Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Average

I posted tis before but can't find it or the reply! I need to average a colum
of numbers omiting the zero values I found the formula in help and copied it
to my spreadsheet replacing the range values with mine the formula I used is
=AVERAGE(IF(d5:d32<0,d5:d32,**)) excel returns and error message with the
false value highlighted it doesn't want to accept ** as a false value. I'm
new to this site and having trouble finding my other post if you know the
answer please email sorry for the extra work but I
need help to find my posts. If I can get past the problem I also need to find
the Min. Value omiting zero values for the same cell range. All help is
apprecated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Replace the two asterisks ** with double quotes ""

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP