Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel list boxes

Need a way to create a list that allows multiple selections to show
concantenated information in a cell. i.e. LIst contains 5 items and you can
select any variation of the list and it will put those items in the cell.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Where is the list - in a cell in the spreadsheet, on a User Form? Are you
in VBA? How is the list created - using the Control Toolbox list box or
combo box, or using the Forms toolbar list box or combo box, or using the
Data Validation, List option?

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"KJ in Seattle" wrote:

Need a way to create a list that allows multiple selections to show
concantenated information in a cell. i.e. LIst contains 5 items and you can
select any variation of the list and it will put those items in the cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I want the information to appear in a cell, I am not a visual basic person,
but have worked with forms and Active X controls in the past. If it cannot
be done with one of those, I will just have to find a different way to do
this. Thank YOU!

"KJ in Seattle" wrote:

Need a way to create a list that allows multiple selections to show
concantenated information in a cell. i.e. LIst contains 5 items and you can
select any variation of the list and it will put those items in the cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I need the information to appear in a single cell. I am not a VB programmer,
have worked with forms and active x controls some in the past. If it needs
VB, I can work this another way. Thank you!

"KJ in Seattle" wrote:

Need a way to create a list that allows multiple selections to show
concantenated information in a cell. i.e. LIst contains 5 items and you can
select any variation of the list and it will put those items in the cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Debra Dalgleish has a sample workbook that shows how to select multiple items
from Data Validation list and place them in a cell.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DataVal

Scroll down to..................

DV0017 - Select Multiple Items from Dropdown List-- Select multiple items from a
dropdown list; an event macro stores selections in adjacent cell, or in same
cell. DataValMultiSelect.zip 18kb updated 22-Feb-07

Even a non-visual basic person will be able to work from this sample file
although there is some event code behind one sheet.

Easy enough to copy that.

DataValidation is fairly basic stuff.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP