Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Date Generation

I'm researching a way to do the following utilizing Excel:

I need to generate several dates, based on an original date. This data will
help our caseworkers know their upcoming deadlines.

For example: Based on the current date, which is June 04, 2007, the
Substantiation Due Date (always 29 days from the current date) would be July
3, 2007; the Three Month Follow Up (always three months from current date)
would be Sept. 04, 2007, etc...

What would be the best way to accomplish this?

--
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If current date is in A1:

in B1: =A1+29
Substantiation Due Date
in C1: =Date(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+3,DAY(A1)) Three Month Follow Up

HTH

"Amanda" wrote:

I'm researching a way to do the following utilizing Excel:

I need to generate several dates, based on an original date. This data will
help our caseworkers know their upcoming deadlines.

For example: Based on the current date, which is June 04, 2007, the
Substantiation Due Date (always 29 days from the current date) would be July
3, 2007; the Three Month Follow Up (always three months from current date)
would be Sept. 04, 2007, etc...

What would be the best way to accomplish this?

--
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=DATE(YEAR(A2),MONTH(A2),DAY(A2)+29)

=DATE(YEAR(A2),MONTH(A2)+3,DAY(A2))

with the date in A2

note that the second formula might yield an unexpected result for 11/30/07
(it will return 03/01/08)

Peo Sjoblom

"Amanda" wrote in message
I'm researching a way to do the following utilizing Excel:

I need to generate several dates, based on an original date. This data
will
help our caseworkers know their upcoming deadlines.

For example: Based on the current date, which is June 04, 2007, the
Substantiation Due Date (always 29 days from the current date) would be
July
3, 2007; the Three Month Follow Up (always three months from current date)
would be Sept. 04, 2007, etc...

What would be the best way to accomplish this?

--
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 12:15:01 -0700, Amanda
wrote:

I'm researching a way to do the following utilizing Excel:

I need to generate several dates, based on an original date. This data will
help our caseworkers know their upcoming deadlines.

For example: Based on the current date, which is June 04, 2007, the
Substantiation Due Date (always 29 days from the current date) would be July
3, 2007; the Three Month Follow Up (always three months from current date)
would be Sept. 04, 2007, etc...

What would be the best way to accomplish this?

A1: =TODAY()
Substantiation date: =A1+29
Three month followup:

=MIN(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+3,DAY(A1)),
DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+4,0))

The difference between this formula and the one supplied by others is that this
formula will "adjust" so that "three months from now" won't wrap over to the
following month.

For example, just adding three months to 31 Jan 2007 -- 1 May 2007 whereas you
probably want 30 Apr 2007.
--ron