Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tom tom is offline

Default Concatenate format

Can someone suggets how to concatenate
50.0 50.1 50.2
into
50.0 - 50.1 - 50.2
That is the number (with one decimal place) followed by a SPACE HYPHEN SPACE
second number with one decimal place...etc
Everything I try omits the ".0" if it happens to be a zero. I also have some
cells that require 2 decimal places and may end in two zeros....I would like
those to have the same format....number space hyphen space number.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=round(a1,1)&" - " &round(a2,1)&" - " &round(a3,1)

Cheers

Darren

Please press 'yes' if you found this post useful

"Tom" wrote:

Can someone suggets how to concatenate
50.0 50.1 50.2
into
50.0 - 50.1 - 50.2
That is the number (with one decimal place) followed by a SPACE HYPHEN SPACE
second number with one decimal place...etc
Everything I try omits the ".0" if it happens to be a zero. I also have some
cells that require 2 decimal places and may end in two zeros....I would like
those to have the same format....number space hyphen space number.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Tom,

Format the offending 50.0 as text and then concatenate.

=A1&" - "&A2&" - "&A3

Mike

"Tom" wrote:

Can someone suggets how to concatenate
50.0 50.1 50.2
into
50.0 - 50.1 - 50.2
That is the number (with one decimal place) followed by a SPACE HYPHEN SPACE
second number with one decimal place...etc
Everything I try omits the ".0" if it happens to be a zero. I also have some
cells that require 2 decimal places and may end in two zeros....I would like
those to have the same format....number space hyphen space number.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tom tom is offline

Thanks for the reply, however, this still omits the zero if it is after the
decimal place. I get 50 - 50.1 - 50.2 using what you provided. Any other
suggestions?

"Tom" wrote:

Can someone suggets how to concatenate
50.0 50.1 50.2
into
50.0 - 50.1 - 50.2
That is the number (with one decimal place) followed by a SPACE HYPHEN SPACE
second number with one decimal place...etc
Everything I try omits the ".0" if it happens to be a zero. I also have some
cells that require 2 decimal places and may end in two zeros....I would like
those to have the same format....number space hyphen space number.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Tom

Try
=TEXT(A1,"#.0")&" - "&TEXT(A2,"#.0")&" - "&TEXT(A3,"#.0")

--
Regards

Roger Govier