Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Auto Filter function only provide 2 criteria input

Dear all,

I want to auto-filter a spreadsheet with 6 criteria, but the auto-filter
function of Excel only let me to input 2 criteria in the same time. Any
alternative way to solve my problem please?

Kent

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dear Bob,

Thanks for your reply.
For example, I want to filter out the rows which column A is any of the
characters from A to F, how the formula at helper column should be please?

Kent

"Bob Phillips" hx.gbl...
You could add a helper column and create a formula that checks the 6
criteria and returns TRUE or FALSE, and then filter by that helper column.

--
HTH

Bob

addy)

"Kent" wrote in message
Dear all,

I want to auto-filter a spreadsheet with 6 criteria, but the auto-filter
function of Excel only let me to input 2 criteria in the same time. Any
alternative way to solve my problem please?

Kent

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

One thought ..

Assuming source letters running in A2 down (eg: A, B, .. )
and that case sensitivity is not an issue

You could use in say, E2:
=ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2,{"A";"B";"C";"D";"E";"F"},0))
Copy down, then filter on col E for TRUE
--
Max
Singapore
"Kent" wrote:
Dear Bob,

Thanks for your reply.
For example, I want to filter out the rows which column A is any of the
characters from A to F, how the formula at helper column should be please?

Kent

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I get it, thank you Max & Bob.

Kent

"Bob Phillips" bl...
=ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2,{"A","B","C","D","E","F"},0))

--
HTH

Bob

addy)