Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Calculation of Area Under a Plotted Graph

Hi Gurus,

Can anyone please assist me in finding a formular to calculate the area
under a plotted graph (not a curve or straight). The area I need to measure
is between the X, Y and graph area and stopping at any given point on the X
axis. Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You don't say what sort of graph it is exactly, but for an area chart the
area under the graph between two points A (x1,y1) & B (x2,y2) will be

=((x2-x1) * (y1 + 0.5(y2-y1)

If you repeat this for each of the 'polygons' and add them up it should give
you the result

Cheers

Dazza

Please press 'yes' if this was useful