Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Quick Go To for Formula Components Other than First

I use "Control [" to go to the first component which makes up a
formula. Suppose, for instance, that the formula consists of the
following:

=a35*(1+b37)*'Sheet 1'!c27

Suppose I want to go directly to the 3rd component: 'Sheet 1'!c27

I know I can get there by clicking formula precedents and then
clicking that component in the pop up window. But the process takes
too long.

Any quick key stroke or short cut to go directly to the 2nd component,
the 3rd, the 4th, etc? Thanks very much!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel

Hi,

Not really. If each component is on the same sheet you can press Tab until
you get there.

Of course if you are using the Trace Precedents button on the Formula
Auditing toolbar you can double-click the line to the component you want. If
the component is on the same sheet you are there. If the component is on
another sheet the Go To dialog box pops up and you can double click the
reference to go directly to it.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire