Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Vlookup question

I wonder if someone can help with a Vlookup question? Vlookups require you
specify a column index number, however I'd like to have a second condition
that matches a 2nd criteria column heading and then retrieves the value from
the intersection of the 1st and 2nd criteria in the table array. For example:

Part# Price Level 2
1234567

Part# Price Level 1 Price Level 2 Price Level 3
1234567 2.5 2.6 2.7
1111111 1 2 3
2222222 2 2.1 2.2
3333333 2 3 4

So looking to match on part# 1234567 and retrieve the appropriate pricing
from array (the req'd price levels can change with any given order). Thank
you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

screencap:

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7784/lookupqw9.jpg

=VLOOKUP(A10,A2:D5,MATCH(B10,A1:D1,0),0)

Biff

"Tremag" <u34721@uwe wrote in message news:7314dc161a75c@uwe...
I wonder if someone can help with a Vlookup question? Vlookups require you
specify a column index number, however I'd like to have a second condition
that matches a 2nd criteria column heading and then retrieves the value
from
the intersection of the 1st and 2nd criteria in the table array. For
example:

Part# Price Level 2
1234567

Part# Price Level 1 Price Level 2 Price Level 3
1234567 2.5 2.6 2.7
1111111 1 2 3
2222222 2 2.1 2.2
3333333 2 3 4

So looking to match on part# 1234567 and retrieve the appropriate pricing
from array (the req'd price levels can change with any given order).
Thank
you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Biff, your awesome, it works like a charm - I really appreciate it! Thank
you.

T. Valko wrote:
screencap:

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7784/lookupqw9.jpg

=VLOOKUP(A10,A2:D5,MATCH(B10,A1:D1,0),0)

Biff

I wonder if someone can help with a Vlookup question? Vlookups require you
specify a column index number, however I'd like to have a second condition

[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]
Thank
you!