Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default copying one cell in multiple sheets into a column on one sheet

Hi,

I know this question was probably already answered but if I can, I would
like an answer to suit the data in my specific workbook as I am not able to
change the code too much (not very familiar with visual basic)

I have a cell D1 in multiple works sheets. It contains an employee's name.
Each sheet is named with an employee code. I have already managed to get the
employee codes in column A on a new sheet but now I need to get the names in
cell D1 into column B on the new sheet called Sheet2

I also have another cell (L43) I would like to do this for which has a
number (sum formula actually)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jun 1, 5:41 pm, LeahR wrote:
Hi,

I know this question was probably already answered but if I can, I would
like an answer to suit the data in my specific workbook as I am not able to
change the code too much (not very familiar with visual basic)

I have a cell D1 in multiple works sheets. It contains an employee's name.
Each sheet is named with an employee code. I have already managed to get the
employee codes in column A on a new sheet but now I need to get the names in
cell D1 into column B on the new sheet called Sheet2

I also have another cell (L43) I would like to do this for which has a
number (sum formula actually)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don;t think you need VBA. If Sheet2!A:A contains the same values as
the sheet names then (assuming data starts from A2)

=INDIRECT("'"&A2&"'!D1")

Copy down. Then take the sum of these amounts in L43.

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It worked!!!
All the other answers I looked at from similar questions seemed really
complicated, and used VBA.

Thank you so much.

"vezerid" wrote:

On Jun 1, 5:41 pm, LeahR wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"vezerid" wrote:
On Jun 1, 5:41 pm, LeahR wrote:
[...]

Sometimes it matters how you phrase the question. Glad it worked.

Kostis