Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Merge of cells

Hello everybody,

I have text en cell a3 to a31 - does anybody know if itīs possible to
merge alle the text into one cell? Merge and center does not work - it
only take the text in cell a3.

Any thoughts?

best regards,

Heine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/subs/...mergeselection

for a way, using a macro, or for a UDF:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/multicat.html

In article . com,
Heine wrote:

Hello everybody,

I have text en cell a3 to a31 - does anybody know if itīs possible to
merge alle the text into one cell? Merge and center does not work - it
only take the text in cell a3.

Any thoughts?

best regards,

Heine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That works great if my text was in columns - problem is that my data
is in rows - A3,A4,A5 etc. Can I alter the macro slightly? It does
exactly what I want just columns-wise not row-wise

Have a nice weekend

Heine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

MergeCell merges cells in the selection. and MultiCat merges rows or
columns (or two-dimensional arrays).

However, I'm confused a bit - "A3, A4, A5" are in a column, not a row...

In article . com,
Heine wrote:

That works great if my text was in columns - problem is that my data
is in rows - A3,A4,A5 etc. Can I alter the macro slightly? It does
exactly what I want just columns-wise not row-wise

Have a nice weekend

Heine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Heine wrote:
That works great if my text was in columns - problem is that my data
is in rows - A3,A4,A5 etc. Can I alter the macro slightly? It does
exactly what I want just columns-wise not row-wise

Have a nice weekend

Heine- Hide quoted text -

Thanks - multiCat works beautifully. After getting all the text in one
cell I want the text to appear nice and natural on the sheet. Problem
is that I have maybe 500-600 words in one cell - can I copy it to a
text box for instance? It seems that I cannot show all the text in the
cell - is there a limit of characters in every cell so that Excel can
īt handle more characters than this limit?

thanks for your patience

best regards from
Heine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Excel's specifications state that 32,767 characters can be entered in a cell but
only 1024 will be seen or printed.

You can work around this somewhat by sticking in some carriage returns every 100
chars by using Alt + Enter which would be cumbersome in your case.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP