Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula for Pulling partial data from one cell into another

Is there a formula I can use to pull only some data from a cell into another?
C11 contains: 0.10 0.42%
I want C4 to contain: 0.10
I want D4 to contain: 0.42%

I would appreciate the help and if there is a formula I would really love to
understand what it means and how it works. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Is there a formula I can use to pull only some data from a cell into
another?
C11 contains: 0.10 0.42%
I want C4 to contain: 0.10
I want D4 to contain: 0.42%

I would appreciate the help and if there is a formula I would really love
understand what it means and how it works. Thanks!

These work...

In C4: =LEFT(E15,FIND(" ",E15)-1)

In D4: =RIGHT(E15,LEN(E15)-FIND(" ",E15))

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jun 1, 7:05 am, Jamie wrote:
Is there a formula I can use to pull only some data from a cell into another?
C11 contains: 0.10 0.42%
I want C4 to contain: 0.10
I want D4 to contain: 0.42%

I would appreciate the help and if there is a formula I would really love to
understand what it means and how it works. Thanks!

Formula in C4...
=VALUE(MID(A1,1,FIND(" ",A1)-1))

Formula in D4 formatted Percentage...
=VALUE(MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,255))