Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default array range in seperate sheets

Is it possible to do an array formula using 2 ranges that are in
seperate sheets. I have so much data that it exceeds the number of
rows in excel and needed to be put on two different sheets. Is there
a way to do an array formula on the total range instead of having to
do formulas on each half?

Thanks,

Joshua

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Arrays have to be the same size in array formulae, so unless yours are
the same in both sheets then you will have to make do with separate
formulae for each range and then combine them.

Perhaps you can give us some idea of what you are trying to do ...

Hope this helps.

Pete

On May 30, 9:36 pm, cass calculator wrote:
Is it possible to do an array formula using 2 ranges that are in
seperate sheets. I have so much data that it exceeds the number of
rows in excel and needed to be put on two different sheets. Is there
a way to do an array formula on the total range instead of having to
do formulas on each half?

Thanks,

Joshua

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On May 30, 8:10 pm, Pete_UK wrote:
Arrays have to be the same size in array formulae, so unless yours are
the same in both sheets then you will have to make do with separate
formulae for each range and then combine them.

Perhaps you can give us some idea of what you are trying to do ...

Hope this helps.

Pete

On May 30, 9:36 pm, cass calculator wrote:

Is it possible to do an array formula using 2 ranges that are in
seperate sheets. I have so much data that it exceeds the number of
rows in excel and needed to be put on two different sheets. Is there
a way to do an array formula on the total range instead of having to
do formulas on each half?

Thanks,

Joshua

When you do a simple sum, it accepts multiple range arguments: i.e.
=sum(array1, array2, ...). I was wondering if you could do the same
thing in an array formula.
i.e.={sum((array1,array2)*(array1,array2))}

Thanks,

Joshua