Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Returning other cells with the same value in a column, but different row.

I have a chart of data that I'm using as my reference. I don't know
even know if this is the best approach. I have 2 challenges to get
over, but if I get over one, I think I can get the 2nd one.

The sample chart setup is as follows:

A B
C D
1 name1 date1 (Name return)
(user defined role search)
2 name2 date1 (Name return)
3 name3 date2
4 name4 date3
5 name5 date2

Ok, now assume D1 is the user defined cell. If "date1" was the input
vaue for D1, Column C needs to return the names of all those who have
that date specified in D1. The obstacle I encounter is that Excel
usually only sees the first one with "date1" listed and repeats that
name or complete disregards any other names with the same date. If I
were to choose "date2" then we'd encounter the same problem again.

I'm not even sure if my approach is the best way, so I welcome any
suggestions as well.

Jackson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If I understand what you want, then in C1, enter:

=IF(B1=D1,A1,"")

Copy this formula down as needed.

HTH,
Paul