Member

Post Counting Unique Vales in a column

I have a column of numbers I need to know how many unique values there are. Some of the numbers are just numbers, I.E. 200394840 while others start with a letter, I.E. I200394-840. I'm not sure if the hyphen in the middle of the number or the letter or both are throwing me off, but I've been using =SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(A2:A772,A2:A772)0,1)), but this seems to only count the numbered values, not the ones that start with letters or hyphens. Any/All help on this would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Counting Unique Vales in a column

For an excellent answer see:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200720

"frankjh19701" wrote:

I have a column of numbers I need to know how many unique values there
are. Some of the numbers are just numbers, I.E. 200394840 while others
start with a letter, I.E. I200394-840. I'm not sure if the hyphen in
the middle of the number or the letter or both are throwing me off, but
I've been using =SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(A2:A772,A2:A772)0,1)), but this seems
to only count the numbered values, not the ones that start with letters
or hyphens. Any/All help on this would be appreciated.

--
frankjh19701

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try something like this:

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A772<"")/(COUNTIF(A2:A772,A2:A772&"")))

Does that help?
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP