Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Grouping Dates in a Pivot Table

I have set up a pivot table as follows using this raw date:

W/E DATE CATEGORY CODE DESCRIPTION QTY
03/03/2007 Milk 109 Milk Semi-Skimmed 576
03/03/2007 Dairy 4205 Flora Spread 2 Kg 1
03/03/2007 Turner 6149 Mayonnaise 5ltr 1
03/03/2007 Turner 6150 Mayonnaise 10ltr 1

My pivot table works fine but i would like to be able to consolidate the
data via month. I know this can be done by clicking on the date field in the
pivot table, right clicking and going group. I got it to work once before
but every time i now try it says "can not group that selection" What am i
doing wrong :-(. Does the cell format have to be set to anything specific to
get it to work? At the momment my date fields are set to
*12/04/2007.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There may be blank cells or cells with text in the date column in the
source data, and that is causing the error. There's a bit more
information he

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures