Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default row arrangements

I have a data like below:

A 10
B 15
C 7
D 9
etc.

I want to copy each row with '1' one after another.
Like A will be copied from row 1 to 10 & then B will be copied from 10 to 25
and then C will be copied from row 25 to 33 and so on.

Suggest me a single formula for the same.

Pushpendra
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline

one method would be to use a helper column (C?) next to your number column (B?)
in it enter in (C1?) 0
in C2 enter
=B1+C1
ith the column you want to put the equation in (D?)
enter
=offset(A1,match(row(),C:C),0)
and copy down