Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Finding/Listing Symbols from 2 Columns

I thought I knew how to perform the following simple function, but I must be
missing something basic.

The problem: I am assembling a spreadsheet consisting simply off 2 columns
of symbols. The two columns may or may not have matching symbols.

The question: Is there a formula what will search through both columns and
list symbols only that appear in both columns? If so, can somebody please
list the steps?

Thank you for any response.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

With
A1:A10 containing one set of symbols
B1:B10 containing another set of symbols, including some matches from the
1st set.

Try this ARRAY FORMULA:

D1:
=INDEX($A$1:$A$10,SMALL(IF(COUNTIF($B$1:$B$10,$A$1 :$A$10),ROW($A$1:$A$10)),ROWS(D$1:D1)))

Copy D1 and paste it into D2 and down as far as you need

Note: For array formulas, hold down [Ctrl] [Shift] when you press [Enter],
instead of just pressing [Enter].

Does that help?
Regards,
Ron