engine99

Default How do you continuously update time and date in an Excel cell?

How do you continuously update time and date in an Excel cell?
Ragdyer

=NOW()
--
HTH,

RD

"engine99" wrote in message
How do you continuously update time and date in an Excel cell?

engine99

The fuction as written does not appear to continuously update with the
computer clock. However it does update when you save any change to the file.
I need the date and time to update continuously or at least every 5
minutes...

Ray Fry

"Ragdyer" wrote:

=NOW()
--
HTH,

RD

"engine99" wrote in message
How do you continuously update time and date in an Excel cell?

Ragdyer

You'll need code for that.

RD

"engine99" wrote in message
The fuction as written does not appear to continuously update with the
computer clock. However it does update when you save any change to the

file.
I need the date and time to update continuously or at least every 5
minutes...

Ray Fry

"Ragdyer" wrote:

=NOW()
--
HTH,

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

-
"engine99" wrote in message
How do you continuously update time and date in an Excel cell?

Myrna Larson

What is the purpose of this? If it's just to see the time of day, and the
value isn't used in calculations, the clock is usually displayed on the task
bar.

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 11:33:03 -0800, "engine99"
wrote:

The fuction as written does not appear to continuously update with the
computer clock. However it does update when you save any change to the file.
I need the date and time to update continuously or at least every 5
minutes...

Ray Fry

"Ragdyer" wrote:

=NOW()
--
HTH,

RD

"engine99" wrote in message
How do you continuously update time and date in an Excel cell?

Peo Sjoblom

Then you would need VBA

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm

Peo Sjoblom

"engine99" wrote in message
The fuction as written does not appear to continuously update with the
computer clock. However it does update when you save any change to the
file.
I need the date and time to update continuously or at least every 5
minutes...

Ray Fry

"Ragdyer" wrote:

=NOW()
--
HTH,

RD

"engine99" wrote in message
How do you continuously update time and date in an Excel cell?

engine99

The time will be used to determine what set of cells I pull data from; from
4:30 pm to 7:00 am I will pull data from cells A and from 7:00 am till 4:30
pm I will pull data from cells B. I need a time reference to till me when to
switch cells.

wrote:

The fuction as written does not appear to continuously update with the
computer clock. However it does update when you save any change to the file.
I need the date and time to update continuously or at least every 5
minutes...

Ray Fry

"Ragdyer" wrote:

=NOW()