Veniceknight

Default How do I set up a database with Excel with connections between se.

Hi, I would like to set up a database with Excel, I would like to insert data
in the main spreadsheet and automatically these data have to go in another
spreadsheet:I want to do a database in alphabetical order, where the first
spreadsheet is the "summary" and then several spreadsheets as "A" "b" "c"
etc.
I would like to insert the data in the "summary" and I would like to have
the same thing automatically in the relative alphabetical spreadsheet.
Is it possible?Who can help me?Thanks!
Roger Govier

Hi Venice

I always try to avoid having data going to other sheets myself. I much pefer
to use the power of PIVOT TABLES.
Using a Pivot Table, you would just enter all your data on the main Sheet.
The Pivot Table report would be on a second sheet, and if you made the
column relating to your "A" "B" "C" sheets that you require a Page Field in
the Pivot Table you would be able to view the data in the way you wish.

Take a look at Debra Dalgliesh's site at
for an excellent guide on how to set up PT reports.

--
Regards
Roger Govier