Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default SUM function won't allow more than 30 non-adjacent cells

When writing a SUM formula, I am unable to incorporate more than 30
non-adjacent cells into my formula. Is there a way around this limit besides
using subtotals?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=SUM(up_to_30_cells) + SUM(up_to_another_30_cells) etc

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Apr 27, 2:38 pm, juanfranela
wrote:
When writing a SUM formula, I am unable to incorporate more than 30
non-adjacent cells into my formula. Is there a way around this limit besides
using subtotals?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Very messy but try:-

=sum(No1 to No30)+sum(No1 to No30)

Mike

"juanfranela" wrote:

When writing a SUM formula, I am unable to incorporate more than 30
non-adjacent cells into my formula. Is there a way around this limit besides
using subtotals?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=Sum((1,2,3,4, ... 50,51,52,53 ... etc.))

It's the *double* parens that enables the extra values.
--

HTH,

RD