Ola

Default Maximum Calculation Speed

What is the best tool to compare the Calculation speed between two formulas?

Ola Sandstrom

I just found: http://www.acoustics-noise.com/calcsped.htm
Ken Wright

Not free though, but will analyse your data and suggest optimisation
techniques:-

http://www.decisionmodels.com/fastexcel.htm

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Ola" wrote in message
What is the best tool to compare the Calculation speed between two

formulas?

Ola Sandstrom

I just found: http://www.acoustics-noise.com/calcsped.htm

Ola

Thanks Ken,
I remember i've seen some comparison of Array formula speed;
=SUM(...) compared to =SUMPRODUCT(...)
=MAX with LARGE, RANK
=INDEX(MATCH(..) with LOOKUP and other "Array crossreferences"

You don't happen to know where I could find such comparisions?

Ola
Ken Wright

Sorry, don't have any links that have explicit comparisons, but Charles
Williams' site that I gave you the Fast Excel link for also has a number of
pages devoted to calculation issues:-

http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecrets.htm

You can always set up a bunch of these formulas all inking to the same
cell/range etc and then have a routine run through a few thousand times
calculating each time, and then also have it stamp the time it starts and
finishes and do a delta. then just switch formulas and repeat.