Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Link cells when initials are entered, it time stamps the next???

Please tell me if it's possible to link 2 cells when you enter initials in
one cell, it will date/time stamp the linked cell....Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sammie

You can use event code to achieve this.

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then
With Target
If .Value < "" Then
Range("F1").Value = Format(Now, "dd mmm yyyy hh:mm:ss")
End If
End With
End If
ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

This is worksheet event code. Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code".

Copy/paste the above into that sheet module.

When you enter something in A1, F1 will show date/time of entry.

For a range of cells use.........

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:A20")) Is Nothing Then
With Target
If .Value < "" Then
.Offset(0, 5).Value = Format(Now, "dd mmm yyyy hh:mm:ss")
End If
End With
End If
ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 12:56:03 -0700, Sammie
wrote:

Please tell me if it's possible to link 2 cells when you enter initials in
one cell, it will date/time stamp the linked cell....Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

OK Gordon, I am totally lost.....what exazctly do I have top paste into the
cell? (without all the extra stuff)!!!
I really appreciate the info, and I thought I was an advanced user!! you
just showed me I wasn't!~~ LOL