Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Finding the oldest & newest dates

Hi folks,

I've got a spreadsheet, where there a number of different dates & times in
column O (cells O7 through O31). All these dates are imported from different
worksheets in the same workbook, via copy/paste special.

I'd like to list the oldest date/time in cell E2 and the newest date/time in
E3. I've tried a number of different formulas with no correct results.

Can anyone provide some suggestions?

TIA, Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You should be able to use the MIN and MAX functions for this.

=MIN(O7:O31)
=MAX(O7:O31)

Make sure your cells are formatted as dates.

HTH,
Elkar

"Bob Smith" wrote:

Hi folks,

I've got a spreadsheet, where there a number of different dates & times in
column O (cells O7 through O31). All these dates are imported from different
worksheets in the same workbook, via copy/paste special.

I'd like to list the oldest date/time in cell E2 and the newest date/time in
E3. I've tried a number of different formulas with no correct results.

Can anyone provide some suggestions?

TIA, Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the reply Elkar. Unfortunately, I'm still not getting the correct
results.

Customer Date Formats in cells E2 & E3 are mmmm dd, yyyyy, hh:mm am/pm. The
results in receiving in both cells are January 00, 1900, 12:00 AM.

Bob

"Bob Smith" wrote:

Hi folks,

I've got a spreadsheet, where there a number of different dates & times
in
column O (cells O7 through O31). All these dates are imported from
different
worksheets in the same workbook, via copy/paste special.

I'd like to list the oldest date/time in cell E2 and the newest date/time
in
E3. I've tried a number of different formulas with no correct results.

Can anyone provide some suggestions?

TIA, Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Just to let everyone know, so no one wastes any further time, I have
received an answer from Dick K, which is a heck of a lot more complicated,
but it works well. In complicated, it's because all my data comes down from
web queries, and half of my worksheets in the workbooks have names with
spaces between words.

Bob

link.net...