Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help finding the date of the last Saturday of a given month

Hi,

I can't get my head around the calculation necessary to find the date of the
last Saturday in any given month. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

--
Thanks.
Chuck M.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Naz Naz is offline

hi chuck try

=A1-WEEKDAY(A1)

where A1 is the date

--

_______________________
Naz,

"Chuck M" wrote:

Hi,

I can't get my head around the calculation necessary to find the date of the
last Saturday in any given month. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

--
Thanks.
Chuck M.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,1)-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,1)+n)

Where n = 1 for Sunday ...........7 for Saturday

Biff

"Chuck M" wrote in message

I can't get my head around the calculation necessary to find the date of
the
last Saturday in any given month. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

--
Thanks.
Chuck M.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Naz Naz is offline

sorry that should read

=eomonth(A1)-weekday(A1)

--

_______________________
Naz,

"Naz" wrote:

hi chuck try

=A1-WEEKDAY(A1)

where A1 is the date

--

_______________________
Naz,

"Chuck M" wrote:

Hi,

I can't get my head around the calculation necessary to find the date of the
last Saturday in any given month. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

--
Thanks.
Chuck M.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you want something really long, try this:

=IF(WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0)-(MAX(0,WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0),2)-5)))<7,DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0)-(MAX(0,WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0),2)-5))-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0)-(MAX(0,WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0),2)-5))),DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0)-(MAX(0,WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0),2)-5)))

The date you want the last Saturday of the month is in A1.

"Chuck M" wrote in message

I can't get my head around the calculation necessary to find the date of
the
last Saturday in any given month. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

--
Thanks.
Chuck M.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Find the last Saturday of the month for any date:

=EOMONTH(a1,0)-CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(EOMONTH(a1,0)),1,2,3,4,5,6,0)
Cell (A!)
5/11/07 05/31/07 =eomonth(a1,0)
5 =WEEKDAY(eomonth(a1,0))
CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(A1,0),1,2,3,4,5,6,0)