Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
KD KD is offline

Default Wildcard and Sumproduct

I have to fulfill three conditions from the three coloumns below
1st Pick 1's from Column A
2nd Pick A Company from Column B and
3rd Pick all starting from 46

Column A Column B Column C
0 A Company 46401000CC
1 B Company 46406500DC
0 C Company 54010000PO
1 A Company 46046544EJ
0 A Company 46330578LT
1 A Company 46301456DD

Any help getting the formula with that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
KD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
KD KD is offline

Thanks Bob,

Not before, but because, I got logged off immediately after posting this
question, I thought maybe this one has not got posted, so I posted another
after this one.

I will appologise from the group for reposting and tell them that I got
response.

Thanks again.
kd

"kd" wrote in message
I have to fulfill three conditions from the three coloumns below
1st Pick 1's from Column A
2nd Pick A Company from Column B and
3rd Pick all starting from 46

Column A Column B Column C
0 A Company 46401000CC
1 B Company 46406500DC
0 C Company 54010000PO
1 A Company 46046544EJ
0 A Company 46330578LT
1 A Company 46301456DD

Any help getting the formula with that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
KD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Google is odd these days, I don't always see a full thread, but this one
looks VERY similar

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...aec5eba6c47a96

--
HTH

Bob

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:20=1),--(B1:B20="A Company"),--(LEFT(C1:C20,2)="46"))

but haven't you asked this and gotten an answer before?

--
HTH

Bob

addy)

"kd" wrote in message
I have to fulfill three conditions from the three coloumns below
1st Pick 1's from Column A
2nd Pick A Company from Column B and
3rd Pick all starting from 46

Column A Column B Column C
0 A Company 46401000CC
1 B Company 46406500DC
0 C Company 54010000PO
1 A Company 46046544EJ
0 A Company 46330578LT
1 A Company 46301456DD

Any help getting the formula with that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
KD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Google is odd these days, I don't always see a full thread

Hi Bob,
See it this helps as an orientation in Google Groups,
the bookmarklet only works in Firefox (does not work in IE6).
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firef...m#bookmarklets
---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Bob for feedback, [Google Groups hard to use]
I've rearranged that section a bit to separate format of Google
Groups result from the bookmarklet ("gg:fix") that only works in Firefox.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firef...#ggorientation
and copied the first part to my Excel newsgroups page
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...#ggorientation

I tried to see if there was a comparable bookmarklet for IE7
but didn't see anything. The bookmarklet definitely would not
work in IE6.

"Bob Phillips" wrote
I am an FF user, and that is so helpful ... thanks a ton.