Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Bringing conditional data from another Worksheet

Hi,

I have a table in on worksheet called 'Team Numbers' that has the following:
CC Team No Deapartment L4 L3
11 11 Finance 9 2
14 4 IS 4
15 4 IS 4
16 0 Networks
31 0 HR
211 10 Networks 10
213 7 Networks 7

I have another worksheet called 'Site Allocation'
In the sheet I want to have a formula that does something like this:
In 'Team Numbers' look at first row in column 4 (L4) if this is 0 then put
the number from column 1 (CC). If the number in column 4 is 0 or blank then
I don't want it to put anything. I then want it to do the same thing again
but for the second row.
The list that appears in the 'Site Allocation' sheet needs to only have the
CC's listed that have numbers in L4 but I don't want any gaps.
e.g
11
14
15
211
213

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It appears that your CC numbers are in ascending order.

Enter this formula as an array using the key combination of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER
(not just ENTER):

=IF(ROWS($1:1)<=COUNTIF('Team Numbers'!D$2:D$8,"0"),SMALL(IF('Team
Numbers'!D$2:D$80,'Team Numbers'!A$2:A$8),ROWS($1:1)),"")

Copy down until you get blanks

Biff

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If I have understood correctly:

in "Team Numbers" :

in B2: =if(D20,A2,"")

Copy down

In "Site Allocation"

In a spare "helper" column ( I have used column F):

in F2: =IF('Team Numbers'!$D2<"",ROW(),"")

Copy down for as many entries (or more to allow for future additions) you
have in column A of "Team Numbers"

In A2:

=IF(ROW($A1)COUNT($F:$F),"",INDEX('Team Number'!A:A,SMALL('Site
Allocation'!$F:$F,ROW(A1))))

Copy across to column D and down as far as needed for future entries.

You can hide column F or change to (say) column IV.

HTH