Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Multiple workbook sheet numbers!

Hi everyone,

I have a user who when he opens a workbook two versions of the same workbook
are opened. In the titlebar the name of the work book appears with the two
versions of the same work book denoted by the name followed by a :1 or :2
depending on the version of the workbook. My question is how to I combine
these versions so there i only one version of the work book displayed?

Please help.

JG.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes, they are the same workbook, when I close one or the other they both
close which is sending me around the loop, apparently this is a feature of
Excel which I would like to turn off.

JG wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have a user who when he opens a workbook two versions of the same workbook
are opened. In the titlebar the name of the work book appears with the two
versions of the same work book denoted by the name followed by a :1 or :2
depending on the version of the workbook. My question is how to I combine
these versions so there i only one version of the work book displayed?

Please help.

JG.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It's not a feature of XL. Are you sure your user isn't closing XL rather
than the workbook window?

The only other thing that comes to mind is a Window Activate or
Deactivate event macro

In article ,
JG wrote:

Yes, they are the same workbook, when I close one or the other they both
close which is sending me around the loop, apparently this is a feature of
Excel which I would like to turn off.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You hit the wrong X.

You actually have two windows open to the same workbook.

Select the one you don't want anymore and hit ctrl-w

Then save the workbook--or you'll be doing it again.

This can be a useful feature if you want to see different parts of the workbook
at the same time.

Window|New window
(to create that second window)

--