lgmack

Default Multiple Workbook Data Capture Summary Sheet

I have a number of workbooks with a sheet called "EST". These workbooks will
all be stored in the same folder, and are named "052-336558", etc) all
numbers. Cell B2 in each sheet has the same number as the file number.
Several cells on these sheets need to be captured in a Summary. Cells are
same reference on each sheet (ie Field Hours, Shop Hours, Cost, Etc.)

I want the summary sheet to have a column reference that goes and looks for
the file number and than grabs my data from those external sources. Any
suggestions?

JR

You can record a macro in your summary file... go to "Tools", "Macro",
"Record New Macro". While in the summary file, open the "052-336558" copy
the cells, then go back to the summary file and paste (if the data copied is
a formula, right click, select past special, select values) then you can go
to next file and do the same...etc. Then stop recording, add a button or
object to the summary file, right click it and select "Assign Macro"...
select the macro you just recorded and click ok. You're done.

You could also link the summary file to the others. In the summary file
(with the other files open), click in the cell where you want the data, then
type "=" or "+", then go to the other file, click on the cell you want and
press enter. Now it linked.