Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default #REF! trying to white out

I have copied a formula on a ledger for Purchase Orders. As I place an order
into a worksheet the information automatically fills on the ledger (separate
sheet). The cells for which there has not been a purchase order entered yet
I am getting a #REF! error. Basically I have a sheet full of these. I tried
to do conditional formatting to white out this error but not luck. I am
wanting nothing to show in the unused blanks until a PO has been entered.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=if(iserror(myformula,"",myformula)

:)
Put YOUR formula where it says myformula.
****************************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
****************************
"cac1966" wrote in message
I have copied a formula on a ledger for Purchase Orders. As I place an
order
into a worksheet the information automatically fills on the ledger
(separate
sheet). The cells for which there has not been a purchase order entered
yet
I am getting a #REF! error. Basically I have a sheet full of these. I
tried
to do conditional formatting to white out this error but not luck. I am
wanting nothing to show in the unused blanks until a PO has been entered.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

As responded in your earlier posting

Use ISERROR to mask in CF ..
Try it like this, to apply it all at one go:

Select the entire col B (B1 active)
Click Format Conditional Formatting
Under Condition 1, make the settings as:
Formula is: =ISERROR(B1)
Format the font color as white, Ok out

Note: The steps above assume you want to do it in col B
If you're doing it in similarly in col E,
use: =ISERROR(E1)

[The CF formula is always applied for the active cell within the selection]
--
Max
Singapore