Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I apply a formula to all cells even those with < signs?

I have a huge worksheet (about 741 lines) and almost all figures in the cells
need to be changed from parts per billion to parts per million. Is there an
easy way to change this? Some cells have < signs in them. I would really
appreciate help with the formula and applying to all. This is my first week
at a new job and I'd really like to figure this out. Thanks so much.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In a blank cell put your conversion value (1000?) and copy this cell.

Highlight cells whose values are to be changed, EDIT==Paste
Special==Operation=Divide

Copy sheet(s) and TEST first!

HTH

"Debbi" wrote:

I have a huge worksheet (about 741 lines) and almost all figures in the cells
need to be changed from parts per billion to parts per million. Is there an
easy way to change this? Some cells have < signs in them. I would really
appreciate help with the formula and applying to all. This is my first week
at a new job and I'd really like to figure this out. Thanks so much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Help for the IF, LEFT, RIGHT, and LEN functions are available in Excel help,
and the & symbol is used as a CONCATENATE operator, which you can again find
under Excel help.
All the formula does is divide the numerical part by a million to convert
from parts per billion to parts per million, and it leaves the < sign at the
beginning if it was there in the input data. Does it work with your data?
--
David Biddulph